Monday, October 8, 2012

Welcome to The Limbo.

First things first, let me introduce myself.

I am known as REA on Programmed World for AC IIDX, the jackass who has most of the top scores on PW. I also go by other various names like Hentai, loluralimey, djkc, H, Cien and whatever else i may use or used. I've been playing IIDX for about maybe a total of 5 years.

I started on 4th style when the local arcade here in Hawaii got a machine. From there i played for a good 2 years or so when they upgraded to 6th style then 9th style and i was pretty fucking horrible back then, (probably actually somewhere along the bottom.) After a long ass time of having 9th style and no upgrades i pretty much quit for a good 3 years until i took a trip to Japan and played Happy Sky and when i came back our local arcade somehow got their hands on a Happy Sky. From that Happy Sky i played all the way up until DJ Troopers which was when the arcade stopped upgrading. This period of time i played i improved a hell of a lot and reached a ton of milestones.

After no upgrades, once again i was put on break until another local arcade got a Sirius machine from here i played again for a little bit then slowly drew away from AC and moved on to Lunatic Rave 2 for about a year until we got Lincle with PW. This period of time until now brought me to the highest point in my IIDX career, i seriously never imagined myself getting this good to be honest.

Alright, end of that shit.

So what is the purpose of this site? Not to Dickwag obviously.


Basically, this is going to be for people that WANT to get better and have a better look at IIDX. I have a lot of advice and philosophy about IIDX that can help players that are new get into it and for experienced players that are stuck at a wall. To me its really nice to see people level up, perhaps one day someone will be as godlike as DOLCE or better then me (I honestly know and feel that there are other players that exist) among our community then i can be asking his ass for advice.

I also will answer questions regarding IIDX that anyone throws at me in the best possible way.

I probably wont write the nicest things either so expect some criticism and try not to get offended. I seriously do have a lot of shit to say about this game and the community. Doesn't mean i hate you though. I don't hate people for no reason.

Well, however you want to view this as which will either be useful advice, bunch of bullshit garbage, jamming, pants wrestling, or "why is this fraud who wrist scratches is even writing this shit, he doesnt even play the game right". I'm sure you'll find it a good read.

-Rea

11 comments:

  1. Hi man..I'm in a low level,i start now to AAA lv 11 and take AA on song like broken,AA,tobestrieb but i suck on difficult 12, i can't take A on Mendes,bad maniacs,paradise lost and other shit..I play since dj troopers seriously so are more than 4 years and i think maybe i never can become good if after 4-5 years i barely B on himiko or in many BA..If after this time i suck so much on many 12 i think need other 15 years to AAA lv.12 :/..In this period i'm in a big wall and can't pass or HC new 12,and if u are at this lv after 5 year maybe IIDX don't is my game

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll admit that IIDX is definitely a hard game to progress in and that everybody has there speed which they progress.

      Where you are now to be honest will be one of the hardest parts to progress in since the difficulty gap for 12's are so large. Not to scare you but this is probably where people will either make it or break it.

      And ill be honest, don't expect results so quickly. Its just going to lead to more frustrations.

      I'll posting some stuff that can help you out hopefully.

      Delete
  2. Two Questions.

    1.) Which side do you play on?
    2.) Do you play Doubles? If so, how long did it take you to adapt and progress onward to harder charts on Hyper/Another?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. I am a right side player.

      2. I did play doubles for a short time but i could only do up to maybe some of easier 12's like DXY! hyper and what not, but i couldent really score on any of the songs.

      I can't really say much for double since i never was good at it.

      Delete
  3. I bet you think you're pretty tough don't you. Think your a big boy, ahn?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm part Italian. I think im pretty tough.

      Delete
  4. What do you think about the community in the west and asia?

    Do you see IIDX to continue to grow as a community and for future games?

    Is there anything the IIDX community can do to help give exposure to the west?

    Thoughts on the more popular rhythm games in the west? (stepmania, ITG, osu!, etc)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well the biggest problem we have here in the west obviously is the accessibility to IIDX. Most players don't have access to updated machines with PW and a decent screen. Since CS has been dead i'm sure this killed a lot of players drive to play. So until Konami decides to release a new CS version or somehow the arcades here have access to AC machines with PW (Which has been getting better thanks to the PW crew) im sure the player base will be pretty stagnant

      The next problem here in the west would be the player base. There isn't much people trying to help other players and a lot of players tend to be stubborn. I believe this is a hard game to play so im sure shit like this isnt going make anyone feel welcome into the community.

      I feel a lot of the better players don't want to help lower level players and a lot of players also don't ask for advice. Why? i don't really know.

      It could be that most of the community just play the game for the music, find that its funny cause they are on hard drugs or just complete shitbags, but i know the players here in Hawaii that all asked for advice have gotten better in one way or another.

      As for the other music games i think that they do have more of a players base because its easier to play, they have more competition and events and the players seem like they are a lot closer to each other.

      What can the community do?

      1. Add more competition into the game somehow. Like big events like that BOTW tournament and Bemanifest or whatever.
      2. Be a little more humble?
      3. Be a little less salty?
      4. Pray for Sirius CS.

      Delete
    2. I really appreciate the people behind Programmed World, Bemani Invasion and streamers, but I feel that even Sirius CS wouldn't be enough to attract new players in the west. It would just bring back a lot of veterans.

      Konami would need to first bring CS back to current gen consoles and then if that happens, I would hope for the possibility of IIDX CS for the west.

      Did you play insane BMS files? What level were you on the ★BMS scale? Do you keep up with BOF series? played BOF2012 yet?

      Also, have you considered streaming before? I'd definitely be a regular viewer if you had some commentary and stuff explained on stream.

      Delete
    3. I can do up to 23★ or so. Ive only reached 10 dan on the BMS ranking i didnt really try attempt kaiden.

      I did stream LR2 before but my computer was having issues so i cant do it anymore.

      Delete
  5. What do you mean whit "i'm in part italian"?

    ReplyDelete